7/29/15

Interview with Olivia from Miss Olivia Says



So after the back and forth guest post with Olivia, I decided to interview her. She is an extremley fun person to work with, and can't wait to work with her again. If you want to know more about the mastermind behind Miss Olivia Says, continue reading.
Enfiniti: Tells us a little about yourself.
Olivia: I am a rising senior at the University of Portland where I am studying marketing and sustainability. I grew up in Northern California and used to be the biggest tom-boy until I started to love shopping and makeup. I played competitive soccer from 10 years old until I went off to college and decided that I did not want to continue playing at the collegiate level. I love going on adventures and plan to travel Europe when I graduate college.

  ~
Enfiniti: When did you start blogging and why?

Olivia: I started blogging my junior year in high school because I always admired fashion and beauty gurus on YouTube. I didn't think making YouTube videos was really 'my thing' so I opted to create my own blog! It has changed so much over the years but ultimately I made it as a way to express my style, document my lifestyle, and to connect with people around the world who share the same passions as me!

~
Enfiniti: What's something you've learned from blogging?

Olivia: I learned that you don't have to have a million followers to have a successful blog. Your blog success will come naturally from creating great content and connecting with other bloggers around you. You can still have fun and create a inspiring and creative post without being considered a well-known blogger! Anything is possible, but in the meantime continue to create fun and engaging posts and the traffic will flock to you!

~
Enfiniti: How has blogging impacted your life?

Olivia: It has always been a side hobby of mine so it hasn't consumed a lot of my time until this summer when I decided I wanted to put more into my blogging. Being a blogger gives you a mindset where you are always thinking of cool new post ideas and getting ideas from the world around you. I love that aspect!

~
Enfiniti: What would you consider your style?

Olivia: I wish I had a simple answer to this question! I love so many different styles that I literally cannot pinpoint an exact style... I'm sure you noticed I interview a lot of preppy bloggers, but I don't consider myself prep enough to fall under that category. Although I LOVE Lilly, Vineyard Vines, and all that jazz, I don't wear it enough to categorize myself as preppy. To put it short, I have a girly style and love finding pieces from all over: dresses, floral, white, and black makes up a majority of my closet.
Photo via Miss Olivia Says.~

Enfiniti: What's something you cannot leave the house without?
Olivia: Chapstick! I have a million different chapsticks but most of the time they are lost somewhere. I always make sure I have one in my purse though!

~
Enfiniti: What's your inspiration in life?

Olivia: I can't think of someone in particular, but I would have to say my entire family. I just want to make them proud because they are all very hardworking so they always inspire me to do my best!

~
Enfiniti: What's your aspiration in life?

Olivia: I want to find a job that I love to go to every morning. I would hate to wake up and dread going to work so finding something I absolutely love doing is a huge goal of mine. I believe that doing internships in different industries will help me figure out where I belong. I also plan to own two german shepherd dogs!

~
Enfiniti: What's your top 3 favorite brands?

Olivia: Lulus, Forever 21, Brandy Melville, Tobi, Lilly Pulizer... I can't name just three!
~
Enfiniti: How would you describe yourself and your personality?
Olivia: I am quirky and outgoing when you get to know me. I love to laugh and goof off but I am very serious when I need to get something done. I am a very ambitious person and I hate waiting around for an opportunity to fall onto my lap. I am a go getter so I love finding new opportunities and challenges!

~
Enfiniti: What's one thing high school and/or college has taught you?

Olivia: Friends come and go. Especially in high school when everyone is still 'finding themselves'. You probably won't walk out of high school with the same group of friends you walked in with. This is a hard realization, but from experience, there is way better friends out there!

~
Enfiniti: What's your favorite quote?

Olivia: "Be who you are and say what you feel because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind" -Dr. Seuss

~
Enfiniti: What's the craziest thing you've ever done in your life?

Olivia: My friend from high school and I spontaneously planned a trip to Puerto Vallarta Mexico last year during spring break. However, it wasn't the typical spring break to Mexico trip where we stayed at an inclusive resort drunk the entire time and never ventured out onto the town. We stayed in her uncle's house which was in a traditional Mexican neighborhood and even rode the city bus around town. We took an hour bus ride to a cool little surf town called Sayulita, which was so beautiful. Something my friend always says is adventure starts at the edge of your comfort zone and that definitely described that trip.

~
Enfiniti: What's one thing you want to do before you leave this world, and be remembered for?

Olivia: I want to be remembered for my hard work and bubbly personality. I believe in working hard for what you want but also having a good time getting there!

~
Enfiniti: What tips do you have for new bloggers?
Olivia: Think of posts that not only reflect your personality, but posts that you think people will benefit from. It is totally okay to do the typical Monthly Favorites posts or OOTD, but once in awhile think of something original because that is what sets you apart.

~
Enfiniti: So I'm going to be a freshman in high school this year, what advice do you have for freshman in high school and college, and all in between?
Olivia: Enjoy every minute of it. Sure, there will be hard times, break ups, bad grades, mean friends, but when you look back you don't remember those little things. High school and college is about making memories and working towards your future. And time flies by so quickly. It feels like yesterday I was saying goodbye to my parents as they dropped me off at college... now I am about to head back for my final year and it baffles me! And although there were hard times in high school and college, I made sure to take the positive with me and that is what I remember most

Click image for more on Olivia.
xoxo,
post signature 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the feature, Enfiniti! I loved working with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, and thank you for working with me!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...