9/24/15

Going Veggie


So if you've read my 101  in 1000 bucket list, you already know that one thing I wanna do is go vegetarian for a year. I have done this before but stopped for other reasons, but decided that I just wanna do it again. Now that I do my research and stuff I realized, that last time I was a little less educated and had misunderstood some things. So here are so tips and things you should know if your going veggie, or ever decide to go veggie.

So to start off... There are seven types of vegetarians:
  1. Vegan: Vegans don't consume animal products or processed products. They don't consume and sort of meats, milk, eggs, any dairy products, or anything that has animal based ingredients, such as honey or beeswax. They also don't use products such as, leather, wool, and silk. They are all about the veggies.
  2. Lacto Vegetarians:   Lacto Vegetarians don't eat red or white meat, fish, fowl, or eggs. But they do consume other dairy products.
  3. Octo Vegetarians: Octo Vegetarians don't consume red or white meat, fowl, or dairy products. But they do consume egg based products.
  4. Lacto-ovo Vegetarian: Lact-ovo vegetarians don't consume red or white meat, fowl, or fish.But they consume dairy and eggs products along with theirs veggies. This is the most common vegetarian diet,
  5. Pollotarian (ME): Known as the "semi-vegetarian diet", you only consume white meat and fowl, and a little fish. Any other meats they don't consume.
  6. Pescatarian: Technically not a vegetarian diet, pescatarians only eat fish and seafood, also considered a "semi-vegetarian".
  7. Flexitarian: Plant-based diet with meat consumption here and there. Not really a vegetarian diet, but close enough. This is almost like vegan with the strictly plants, except they consume animal based products.
So I'm going to go down the Pollotarian road. That way I can keep my delicious meats and fish, because honestly, I can't give up Chick-fil-A or Bojangles! But I'm also doing this for a healthier diet, and a healthier lifestyle. Plus red meat is not the best source of meat, due to it's high precentage of fat. Yes, I will miss the BLT, but it's worth giving up. So now I have to make a even bigger effort to consume more fruits and vegetables. 

So here's a little more info to help you out if your a newbie:

Red Meats:
  • Beef
  • Pork
  • Lamb
White Meals:
  • Veal
  • Chicken Breast 
  • Turkey
Dairy Products:
  • Milk (including lactose)
  • Cheese (Natural, Soft, and Processed)
  • Yogurt
  • Ice Cream
Recommended Greens/ My Favorite Greens :):
  • Kale
  • Spinach
  • Asparagus
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Celery
  • Collard Greens
  • Dandelion
  • Lettuce
Some Helpful Links: (this includes recipes and other things)

XOXO,
post signature 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...