1/12/16

Interview with Caitlin from Your Typical Prep


So today I interviewed Caitlin from YTP, and I love her blog so much. Her blog is so cute and relaxing and her outfits are just adorable. So I decided to interview her and give y'all a little extra insight on Caitlin!
*****
How would you describe yourself and personality?
I tend to err toward the creative side of things – I always try to bring creativity to everything I do. I always look for motivation and I’m pretty passionate about my goals. I’d also like to say that I’m more outgoing than I really am, but then again, who wouldn’t? 

When did you start blogging and why?
  I started blogging in the summer before my junior year in high school – that would be around June 2013. I didn’t know the world of fashion blogging had so many niches until I discovered “preppy” fashion blogging, mainly through Carly Heitlinger’s blog – The College Prepster. I followed her and others for a while until I decided to start sharing my own outfits and other posts. I’d always loved fashion and writing and pairing the two seemed like the perfect fit for me!

(I love this picture so much!!)

How has blogging impacted you as a person?
  There are the generic expected ways - making new friends, improving my writing skills and photography, etc. But the largest, and quite honestly most unexpected, is the pressure it puts on portraying my life through social media. Essentially, everything I post is another piece of creating my personal “brand.” It’s still an odd concept to wrap my head around – I always have to think more than twice about what I’m going to post and if it fits my brand.

How do you maintain a successful blog?
      I always try to remember why I blog; I want to share my adventures and photos with the world and as simple as that sounds, it can be hard to remember sometimes. It’s easy to get caught up in thinking you need to stick to a rigid posting schedule or put out only half-great content when you think you need to put up at least something. I’m able to maintain my blog as long as I stick to my original goals.

What are your go to resources for blogging?
      I try to keep up with a myriad of blogs to stay inspired. I also always go to Pinterest when I’m feeling a little less creative! 

What blog do you highly recommend for others?
Carly of the College Prepster is wonderful, as is Sarah Vickers’ Classy Girls Wear Pearls. I also love following Julia’s adventures on Gal Meets Glam and Mackenzie’s outfits and interior design tips on Design Darling.

What is your inspiration in life?
Passionate displays of creativity keep me going. I love following people who continue to think further outside the box than most. 

What's your aspiration in life?
  To end up with a career that changes every single day. My biggest fear is probably ending up at a desk job where I do the same thing day by day. I want to be passionate about what I do. 



What would you consider your style?
  I tend to stick to inspiration from New England prep in the 1950s and 60s, but with a modern twist. 

What are your top five favorite items in your closet?
My J. Crew field jacket, any navy and white striped shirt, white chino shorts, a cobalt Lilly Pulitzer dress with gold beads around the neckline, and my Ray-Ban Clubmasters.

What can you not leave the house without?
  My camera!

What’s one thing you want to do before you leave this world and be remembered for?
My not-so-secret dream is to write a book or produce a movie that leaves a lasting impression on people.

Be sure to keep up with Caitlin:

                                                                               Enfiniti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...