2/10/16

GalPalLinkup: Valentine's Day Traditions

So Happy early Valentine's Day to all of you, I hope it's wonderful and filled with love.
So today I will be sharing with you guys my Valentine's Fay traditions my family does every year and a few new things I want to try or add on to the tradition.
***
So Valentine's Day in my family is usually a day my family just gets together, it's like a day spent with family, and since V-Day is my grandmothers birthday, we always spend this day with her. We usually take her to different restaurant or to a movie, and last year we took family portraits. 
We also give Valentine's to our peers or other family members, and then we might have Valentine's dinner at my great aunts house and spend the rest of the day exchanging Valentine's, eating candy, and enjoying each other's company. Pretty simple, relax, and fun.
But here's a few new things I wanted to try this year, just because:
- Making heart shaped cookies
- Creating Valentine's or Candy Grams and send them to homeless shelter and/or nursing home
- Make other V-Day theme baked goods
- Get a V-Day themed drink from Starbucks on Valentine's Day
- Write a love letter to myself
- EAT LESS CANDY AND CHOCOLATE (just a thought, probably not even going to happen.)
So that's my tradition and a few things I want to do, pretty simple I know, but I'm pretty much a basic person.
Be sure to check out my Valentine's Day gift guide for gift ideas!
Hugs & Kisses,
post signature 

9 comments:

  1. These all seems so fun and festive! Thanks so much for linking up with us :)

    X,
    cristinaoncampus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea to try to make heart-shaped cookies - I think I'm going to take that idea but make a heart-shaped pizza!!! Thanks for linking up!

    XO, Rachel
    www.seashellsandsparkles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Your idea sounds much better!

      Enfiniti

      Delete
  3. Your family takes family portraits -- that is sooo adorable!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such great traditions! I think that it's great that you spend the day with your family, Valentine's Day is all about love and your family never fails to love you!
    Rebecca xo
    www.sunnyrebecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must be so cool for your grandmother to have a birthday on Valentine's Day! Your family celebration sounds so fun. I've also been dying to try the new Starbucks drinks, too - if you get one, you'll have to let me know how they are!

    XO, Brooke
    https://livethepreplife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always write love letters to myself hahaha! Thanks for participating, Enfiniti :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...