4/12/16

Tuesday Talks: Paulina from Navy Striped Peonies



I have always loved Paulina's blog. Ever since I first started blogging her blog was one of my biggest inspirations. So when I got the chance to interview her I was beyond excited and doing this was such a pleasure. If you're looking for a great blog on nice fashion, Navy Striped Peonies is your destination. 
***
How would describe yourself and your personality?
I would definitely describe myself as very outgoing. I love to talk to new people; honestly, public speaking is my guilty pleasure. I would say I am very driven and ambitious. For me, starting a project, running something, organizing something: that to me is fun. I thrive in a packed schedule! Overall I am just a very happy person. Even under pressure, I love to smile and dance in the morning, greet every person I know, and make other people’s day!

When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging a couple months after I turned 16. I was just starting to develop my “preppy” style, so I was getting lots of inspiration from bloggers. Writing has always been a passion of mine, and I had recently gotten into computer science/coding; it seemed like sense to try my hand at blogging! I had a friend {you can find her here } that had lots of experience blogging already and she was critical in helping me build up my site.

How has blogging impacted you as a person?
 Oh gosh, blogging has become such a huge part of my life. It has given me so amazing skills, from computers to writing to networking to marketing. Blogging was my break into this larger field of business and entrepreneurship; it gave me an interest in advertising! Before blogging, my ultimate goal was to become a doctor. Now I am considering going to school for both my MD and my MBA, eventually working my way up to a CEO of a hospital. Blogging has helped me narrow down my love of creating and organizing and running a substantial thing



How do you maintain a successful blog?
 I am a huge planner {another skill blogging gave me!}. I plan out posts far in advance and am able find time to make those posts, which I know is super important. I think social media has also helped a lot in terms of Navy Striped Peonies’ success. I try my best to regularly use Instagram and Twitter!

What are your go to resources for blogging?
 Blogging networks! The Influence Her Collective has been my ultimate resource from day one. If you are a blogger, I highly recommend applying!

What blog(s) do you highly recommend for others?
 Oh that's a tough one. I have to say, Fran from The Blonde Prep  Caroline from Citrus & Style and the girls over at Preppy by the Sea are my inspirations. If I could meet any Internet people, it would be them!

What is your inspiration in life?
My friends. I have a wonderful set of talented, ambitious friends who are always there to keep me on my A game. For one thing or another, each one of them inspires me to continue to do my best.

What is your aspiration in life?
I sort of already said, but I would love to run a hospital! On top of that I want to be a mom. I love kids and would consider myself pretty family oriented.

What would you consider your style?
My style is ultimately very preppy. I started off solely focused on the “button down and pearls” look, but I’ve slowly come to step out of my comfort zone and would like to focus on things perhaps a little trendier! The older I get, the more I am looking to things with some edge.



What are your top five favorite items in your closet
 My Tory Burch riding boots, Ralph Lauren button downs, Lucky jeans, white peplum top, and any and all summer dresses!

What can you not live without?
 This is probably such a typical answer, but my phone. Where would I be without it?

What's ne thing you want to do before you leave this world and be remembered for?
Talk about a big question! I would love to contribute largely to cancer research and be remembered for my efforts in that field. If nothing else, I hope that I am kept in the memories of my family as a kind, happy person.

Thank you so much for having me!

Talk about an incredible person with an amazing heart right! Thanks so much Paulina for doing this and best of luck with the blog and cancer research girly! Keep up with her on Navy Striped Peonies.

til next time!
xoxo,
post signature 

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...