10/10/16

Rockbridge Fall Camp 2016 Recap

So last weekend I went to Rockbridge campsite in  mountains of  Virginia for a Young Life camp with my school. I was definitely a different experience and I was able to get both closer to my friends and Jesus all at once. It was a weekend unplugged from the world, and it was just us, Jesus and nature and it was an amazing experience. Here are some highlights from below.







So above are two photos of one of the most terrifying moments of my life. My dear friend, Lydia, somehow convinced me to come face to face with my fear of heights. Not a good idea. We were about 50ft in the air on nothing but a harness attached to whatever that thing is, haha. You pull a string and then you're just going with the wind. Our dear friend James, decided he'd pull the string unexpectedly so we were not prepared for that drop, as you can see in the first picture.


Club was by far my favorite part of the trip. There was music and games and an wonderful message brought to us each day. They're was also music bought the very talented Lou Ruiz, check him out here and then head to spotify. Lydia also has some great clips on her instagram.


Big shout out to Taylor, the one who's back I am on, for chasing me around the whole campsite because I didn't know what I wanted to do. Also to Kate for the walking the trail and having a wonderful conversation.




Here is dear Lydia again, which I have mentioned a few times throughout the blog. Be sure to check out her works of art here and on her instagram.





And lastly cabin time. I chance where I got to get close to each of these girls and we got to share are hearts with each other. By far my favorite time to just sit down and reflect with these girls. They definitely made this trip one to remember and I can't wait for more adventures with them.

So that is Rockbridge 2016 for you, and if you've never been to a Young Life camp or club, you should try it out and attend. Just talk to your leaded at school or ask an counselor about it! Til next time.
post signature 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...